Mental Health Resources -- Mahwah, NJ
Posted: January 28, 2022 | Written By: Holly Ference | Category:
Sage Alliance prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, most areas offer a lot of additional services for mental health support.
For our families in the Mahwah, New Jersey area, here are just a few ideas for resources.
- Spectrum Care Management & Counseling, LLC provides coordinated support and counseling for individuals with autism, intellectual disabilities, traumatic brain injuries and more. Check out the website for more information: https://www.spectrumcmc.com/about-us/the-spectrum-advantage/
- West Bergen Mental Healthcare offers mental health services to children, teens, adults and families. Programs cover issues such as academic difficulties, anger or aggression, anxiety, ADHD, social skills, bullying, eating or sleep issues, and many more. To learn more about services offered visit their website: https://westbergen.org/
- Mahwah Stigma Free is a website supporting a stigma-free environment in Mahwah, NJ. They offer a list of resources in Bergen County, as well as ways to help others eliminate the stigmas surrounding mental health. Learn more on their website: https://www.mahwahstigmafree.com/
- Mahwah Municipal Alliance has compiled a list of resources and programs to help those struggling with mental health. Learn more here: https://www.mahwahalliance.org/mental-health-programs-nj
- Family Support Organization of Bergen County has a list of resources available to residents of the county. You can find the list here: http://fsobergen.org/mental-health/
Please note that Sage Alliance is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from Sage Alliance? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.